Monday, August 8, 2011

Business Plan - Quicksand To The Business Novice

I learn myself, with a reduced ability to understand the logic or not is an ignorant person. Though educated at Harvard I had to attend some college, but during the Vietnam era, with many of my colleagues, my education was cut short by war.

It was not until I tried to start a business, American Dream, I was suddenly and seriously start to doubt my mental faculties.

. I had my sights set on a single lawn care service.

Why my heart skipped a beat when I Lawn Care Business for sale in local classified ads seen.

Being a natural coward, chicken smaller profile than a roaring lion, my due diligence was done in a very slow and methodical investigation of the operation. I spoke extensively questioned the two owners, asking not only about business, but the vendors to examine the ethics and character.

and how they perform when the owner was not around.

I had an excellent credit rating and a $ 100,000 price, the change, not a chunk of $ 2 million paled in importance to open a sandwich shop franchise. That's when my nightmare began.

I home mortgage, a car and truck loans and equity loans, all complete with only a simple meeting and to obtain a signature of the bank had dealt with for years. I am hoping the same routine.

I want my mouth gapped open with surprise when the loan officer asked to see your business plan, he asked if I was okay. I was not right. I had no idea what a business plan and certainly did not for a present.

Banker was a business plan and tried to explain its importance, but I admit my mind was closed and I was really angry. I explained to business, referring to the equipment alone cost $ 50,000 and two-year contract is worth over $ 150,000 were important, but he would not budge. Is a business plan. No debt.

I did research for a business plan and to provide a bank before I lost business.




No comments:

Post a Comment